2. Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information You Provide
We collect the following categories of personal information from you when you create an account and use our Services:
- Full name
- Email address
- Job title
2.2 Personal Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Services
We collect certain information automatically when you use our services, including, but not limited to:
- IP addresses,
- Browser types,
- Operating systems,
- Types of access (such as via mobile application or web browser).
This information is typically referred to as “Usage Data” or “Metadata” and does not directly identify you as an individual. However, it provides us with statistical data that helps us understand how our services are being used and how we can improve them.
We collect this information to help, amongst other things:
- Ensure the security of our Services and Users;
- Calculate usage levels of our services;
- Diagnose server problems;
- Administer our services;
- Ensure that our services function properly on all devices and systems.
By understanding what browsers, operating systems our users are on and understanding the capabilities of these devices, we can optimize our services and troubleshoot any potential compatibility issues.
Please note that we may use and disclose Usage Data and Metadata as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may also aggregate and/or anonymize Usage Data and Metadata so that it will no longer be considered personally identifiable information. We do this to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our data collection practices. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Use of the Information
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain your account
- To provide and improve our Services
- To communicate with you about important updates, promotions, and other relevant information
- To analyze and understand user behavior and preferences, in order to improve our Services
4. Data Storage and Security
Contenda processes and stores user data using Amazon Web Services (AWS), ensuring data security and protection. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information, and though we cannot guarantee complete security, we have implemented reasonable security measures to protect your data against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
5. Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or share your personal information with any third parties, except as required by law, in response to legal requests, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Contenda, its users, or the public.
6. Access, Update, or Delete Your Personal Information
To access, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will respond in a timely manner. We may ask for additional information to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.
8. GDPR and CCPA Compliance
Contenda is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If you are a resident of the European Union or California, you have certain rights related to your personal information:
8.1 GDPR Compliance
For users in the European Union, the GDPR provides the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to know what personal data we have collected about you and how it has been processed.
- Right to rectification: You can request that we correct any inaccurate personal information about you.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You can request that we delete your personal information under certain conditions.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we limit our processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You also have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and request that it be transferred to another controller.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your personal information in specific cases, such as direct marketing.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond in accordance with the GDPR requirements.
8.2 CCPA Compliance
For users in California, the CCPA provides the following rights:
- Right to know: You can request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, as well as the sources, purposes, and third parties with whom we have shared it.
- Right to delete: You can request that we delete your personal information under certain conditions.
- Right to opt-out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, if applicable. Contenda does not sell your personal information.
- Right to non-discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us for exercising your privacy rights under the CCPA.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will respond in accordance with the CCPA requirements.
Please note that in order to fulfill your requests, we may ask for additional information to verify your identity and ensure your right to access the requested data.
9. Data Processing Agreements
Our company uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host and manage our digital infrastructure.
As part of our relationship with AWS, we are subject to the AWS Data Processing Agreement (DPA). The DPA forms part of the AWS Service Terms that govern our use of AWS services. These terms are designed to ensure that both AWS and our company handle your data in a manner that complies with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
You can read more about the DPA here:
Terms are available to read here:
Our company uses Pendo, a third-party analytics service, to gather insights into user behavior on our web app.
As part of our relationship with Pendo, we are subject to the Pendo Data Processing Addendum (DPA). The DPA forms part of the Pendo Service Terms that govern our use of Pendo services. These terms are designed to ensure both Pendo and our company handle your data in a manner that complies with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Terms are available to read here:
10. Data Retention
Our company retains data for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal data from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our terms of service, and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain data, we’ll dispose of it in a secure manner.
We understand that data privacy is a long-term commitment, and we strive to protect your data throughout that entire process. If you have any questions or concerns about our data retention practices, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Contact Us